Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide) Cream
Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide) is used for the treatment of a variety of skin conditions. It reduces the itching, swelling, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. Some of the skin conditions may be;
This cream may be used as part of combination therapy. You may need to use it with other medications.
How does Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide) work?
Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide) works by lessening the body’s production of certain chemicals. These chemicals are called leukotrienes and prostaglandins. Those are the cause of itching and swelling in the body.
Skin inflammation occurs when irritation of the skin or an allergic reaction causes various substances. That it is released in the skin that makes blood vessels widen. It results in an irritated area that becomes swollen, red, painful, and itchy.
Why use Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide)?
Synalar Cream is a medium-strength corticosteroid. This cream has Fluocinolone Acetonide as an active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medications called topical corticosteroids. This contains an equivalent of 0.1mg/ml of Fluocinolone Acetonide. This medication is intended for topical administration. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide)?
Synalar Cream is to be used on the skin only. Do not use it on the face, underarms, or groin unless it is directed by your doctor.
Before using the cream, wash your hands first. Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin film of medication and gently rub in. It is usually used 3 to 4 times a day.
After applying, wash your hands properly unless you are using it to treat your hands. Use this cream only for the condition which it was prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Synalar (Fluocinolone Acetonide)?
- Irritation or itching
- Redness at the application isle when this cream is first applied
- Changes in the color of the treated skin
Warnings and Precautions
- Avoid getting this medication in the eyes, nose, or mouth. If it happens, rinse right away with plenty of water.
- Let your doctor know if your condition continues or get worse after 2 weeks.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to it or if you have any allergies.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- Tell your doctor if you have any current medications/treatments.
- Keep this far from heat and moisture.