Paliperidone Palmitate General Information
This type of disorder is achronic mental health condition. It is characterized primarily by delusions orhallucinations, mania, and depression.
This is a mental disordercharacterized by strange speech and abnormal behavior. It is also characterizedby a decreased ability to understand reality. Other symptoms include lack ofmotivation, hearing voices that do not exist, and emotional expression.
How does Paliperidone Palmitate work?
Paliperidone Palmitate works by restoring the balance of certain natural chemicals in the brain. This medicine may also work by:
- Decreasing hallucinations
- Helping you think more clearly and positivelyabout yourself
- Taking a more active part in your everyday life
- Letting you feel less agitated
Why use Paliperidone Palmitate?
Invega Trinza is the brand name of this product. The active ingredient of it is Paliperidone Palmitate. Invega Trinza is an atypical antipsychotic. This medicine is a psychotropic agent belonging to the chemical class of benzisoxazole derivatives.
This product has already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA, 2006). This is available as white to off-white sterile aqueous extended-release suspension for intramuscular injection in the strengths of:
- 273 mg
- 410 mg
- 546 mg
- 819 mg
How to use Paliperidone Palmitate?
This prescription is given by injection into a muscle at the upper arm or buttocks. Usually, the first 2 doses are given 1 week apart in the upper arm. After that, the medication is usually given into the upper arm every month. It is important to take it exactly as it is prescribed. To help you remember, mark the days on the calendar when you need to receive the medication. The dosage is based on your condition and response.
What are the side-effects of Paliperidone Palmitate?
- Weight gain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Injection site reactions (swelling, redness, pain,and hard lump)
Warnings and Precautions
- Before using this medicine, let your doctor know if you have any medical history.
- Do not stop or change the dosage without prescription from your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies.
- Let your doctor know right away if your condition persists or worsens.
- This drug may make you feel dizzy. Do not drive or use any machinery that needs alertness until you can do it safely.
- Avoid doing things that may cause you to overheat. This drug may make you sweat less and makes you more likely to get heat stroke.