Indapamide General Information
Lozol (Indapamide) is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent stroke, heart attacks, and kidney problems. It may also be used to lessen extra fluid in the body that is caused by heart failure. This medication may also help lessen symptoms such as shortness of breath or swelling in your feet or ankles.
How does Lozol (Indapamide) work?
Lozol (Indapamide) works by preventing the kidney from reabsorbing salt and water that is meant to be removed in the urine. This results in increased urine output or called diuresis. This drug also reduces the salt in the smooth muscle of the walls of blood vessels. The loss of salt from the muscle causes the muscle to relax. The relaxation of the vessels results in reduced blood pressure.
Why use Lozol (Indapamide)?
Lozol contains an active ingredient of Indapamide. It belongs to the class of medications called diuretics or water pills. This product is supplied as tablets for oral use. Each tablet is available in the strength of 1.25 mg. In the year 1983, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this prescription.
How to use Lozol (Indapamide)?
Lozol (Indapamide) is to be taken by mouth usually once a day in the morning. You may take it with or without food. If you take it too close to bedtime, you may need to wake up to urinate. It is best to take it at least 4 hours before your bedtime.
The dosage is based on your condition and response. Pick a time of day that is easy for you to remember. Take each dose at the same time each day. Take it exactly as it is prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Lozol (Indapamide)?
Common side effects:
- Skin rash
Here are some signs of anallergic reaction:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your lips, tongue, face, or throat
If there are any side effects occur,call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Let your doctor know if you are taking another medication (vitamins or herbal products).
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history.
- This drug should not be used to treat another medical condition.
- If there is a sign of an overdose, call your doctor right away.
- Do not twice the prescribed dosage. It may cause another complication.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, consult your doctor first.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place away from heat or moisture.