Most of us are spending more time at home these days. Some of us as well might be missing the structure of our normal daily activities such as eating, working, walking, and keeping ourselves healthy with exercise. This can be an exceptional period to rewrite our routines. You can discover some new routines and healthy habits to help through these times and beyond. Below are some of the few ideas that can help you create your healthy routine;
- Try starting your day with a nutritious smoothie because good health starts within.
- Plan for a meal that has plenty of vegetables and fruits to support your health. This is a great time to plan, preparing your meal, and setting a routine for healthy eating.
- Be artistic in the kitchen. Try doing some unique recipes or doing your favorite dish with a twist.
- Also, you can create a set bedtime and waking time that will let you stick with 7 days per week. The adults need 7 to 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep for optimal health.
CONNECT WITH NATURE
- Taking in nature helps us free from our daily stressors even for a while. However, it is still important to follow health protocols from your local guidelines when going outside.
- Spend time on your balcony or even on a chair outside the front door. These may also be beneficial to take some fresh air and natural light.
- Watering your plants or tending your garden no matter how small it also helps soothe away tension.
YOUR CREATIVE SIDE
- You can spend time cultivating your creativity. It is an easy way to refocus the mind towards an enjoying present moment. In showing your creative side, you don’t need to consider that you need to become an artist you just express yourself and express your creative side.
- You can use much of your time by picking up some instrument you used to play or try learning a new one. For learning to play music, there are lots of resources available online.
- Drawing and coloring are fun for all ages. You can pick up a marker and draw what is coming into your mind. It is a technique that helps you center into the present moment and express what you are experiencing within.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH
- With several fitness instructors filming class’s at home, it is very easy for you to find some courses online and turn your living room into a fitness zone. Always listen to your body and consult your healthcare provider if needed. Make sure that the exercises you are doing are comfortable and safe for you.
- There are also lots of meditation or yoga classes online. Search for it and help maintain your mental health.
- Take time to have your journal. You can write here the thing that keeps you from being grateful and write the things that make you worry throughout these times. Being focused on what you can control during this time might be more very helpful.