Where is Bisoprolol Fumarate used and how does it work?
Bisoprolol Fumarate is used alone or along with other medications to treat high blood pressure. This is in the class of medications called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers medication helps block the action of certain natural chemicals in your body. This effect lowers the heart rate and blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure levels helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems.
This medication can also be used for the treatment of angina attacks. Bisoprolol Fumarate caused the heart to beat slower and less forcefully. This lessens the pressure at which blood is pumped out of the heart and around the body. The effects of this drug mean that the heart doesn’t use as much energy to pump blood around the body. In chronic heart failure, where the pumping action of the heart has become less effective, it makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.
Angina attack happens if the heart does not get sufficient oxygen. Bisoprolol Fumarate helps prevent this attack because it reduces the amount of work of the heart and it lessens the oxygen demand.
How is Bisoprolol Fumarate taken?
The dose of Bisoprolol Fumarate depends on the condition being treated and how well it is controlled. Each dose may be taken either with or without food.
This prescription needs to take on a long-term basis to control high blood pressure and prevent angina attacks. Even if you don’t have symptoms, continue taking the medicine and take it regularly. If you stop taking it, your blood pressure is likely to rise again. Your angina attacks as well may happen more often or get worse. You should not stop taking this medication unless you consult your doctor. When treatment is stopped, this should usually be done gradually that follow the instructions of your doctor. Contact your doctor if your condition does not improve while taking this medication.
What are the precautions in taking?
- This drug can make several people feel tired or dizzy. Make sure you know how to react to it before operating machinery or driving. Avoid some potentially hazardous activities if affected.
- If you feel dizzy while taking this medication, you should lie down until the symptoms pass.
- There are no drinks or foods you specifically need to avoid while having Bisoprolol Fumarate. Just make sure you are eating a healthy, balanced diet to help your condition.
- Bisoprolol Fumarate can hide some of the warning symptoms of low blood sugar. People with diabetes may need to monitor their blood sugar more often while taking this drug.
- This should not be used during pregnancy unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- This is also not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. It could potentially cause the baby’s heart rate to slow down or its blood sugar to fall.
- If you take too much of this medicine, contact your doctor right away. An overdose can slow down your heart rate and make it difficult to breathe and might cause trembling and dizziness as well.