Axid (Nizatidine) Tablets
Nizatidine General Information
Axid (Nizatidine) is used to treat ulcers of the stomach and intestines. It also prevents them from coming back after they have healed. This may also be used to treat certain stomach and throat (esophagus) problems like:
- Erosive esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease – GERD
How does Axid (Nizatidine) work?
Axid (Nizatidine) works by decreasing the volume of acid secreted by the stomach. Decreasing the acid helps to lessen the pain of stomach and intestinal ulcers. It also lessens the pain of heartburn. It assists the healing of ulcers and damage caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease. Axid (Nizatidine) is also used to prevent duodenal (intestinal) ulcers in certain circumstances.
Why use Axid (Nizatidine)?
Axid (Nizatidine) belongs to the family of treatment called H2-receptor antagonists. It is off-white to buff crystalline solid that is soluble in water. It has a mild sulphur-like odor and bitter taste. This medication comes in two strengths, 150mg and 300mg in a tablet form. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication.
How to use Axid (Nizatidine)?
The recommended dosage for Axid Tablet depends on your condition and response. This is usually taken once or twice a day and to be taken by mouth. You may take this with or without a portion of food. If you are taking this once daily, it is best to take it before bedtime. Use this regularly and as directed by your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Axid (Nizatidine)?
Here are some possible side effects that may occur while using this medication:
- Sore throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Pale skin
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin)
Warnings and Precautions
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, consult first your doctor before using this medication.
- Avoid driving or using any machinery. This may make you feel dizzy or drowsy.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current medications.
- Discuss with your doctor the risks and benefits that this medication has.
- Do not share this or any of your medication with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- If there is an allergic reaction, seek help right away.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or pets.