Aldomet (Methyldopa) Tablets
Aldomet (Methyldopa) used to treat hypertension or high blood pressure. Lowering your high blood pressure helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems. And by decreasing the chemicals in your blood, this allows your blood vessels to relax. This can be used alone or in combination with other medications for hypertension.
How does Aldomet (Methyldopa) work?
Aldomet (Methyldopa) works by stimulating alpha receptors in the brain. This causes the brain to send nerve signals to the blood vessels. It makes them widen and relax. The result of this is a lowering of blood pressure. This is usually only prescribed as additional medication. It is for those whose blood pressure has not been dropped adequately with other medicines.
Why use Aldomet (Methyldopa)?
Aldomet contains Methyldopa as an active ingredient. It is a type of medicine which is called an alpha agonist. This medicine is a white to a yellowish white, odourless fine powder and is soluble in water. This is supplied as tablets for oral use. This is available in 3 strengths; 125mg, 250mg, and 500mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this treatment for hypertension. You can buy this here at its very reasonable price.
How to use Aldomet (Methyldopa)?
The recommended dose for this will depend on your condition and response to it. This is usually taken 2-3 times a day. This can be taken with or without food. Swallow it as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not stop the medication unless it is prescribed. Follow the dosing instructions promptly.
What are the side-effects of Aldomet (Methyldopa)?
Here are some possible side effects that may occur while having this medication:
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle spasms
- Mood/mental changes
- Dry mouth
If these persist or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
These are the things that you need to be cautious with while having this treatment:
- This may make you feel dizzy. Avoid driving or using any machinery.
- Consult first your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you have a medical history, current medication, or allergies.
- Contact your doctor if you have experienced unusual things while taking this drug.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- Keep this away from the direct sunlight/heat.
- Keep this at a dry, clean place, and away from the reach of children.