Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin) Pediatric Suspension
Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin) is used to treat urinary tract infections in children. This is a tasteless form of Sulfisoxazole. This is indicated to treat many different types of infections that are caused by bacteria;
- Ear infections
- Bladder infections
Why use Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin)?
Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin) is an antibacterial sulphonamide or sulfa available as a pediatric suspension for oral administration. This medicine is slightly yellow or a white, and crystalline powder. This is practically insoluble in water and slightly soluble in alcohol. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication. You can buy this here at its very reasonable price.
How does Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin) work?
Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin) is a competitive inhibitor of enzymes. It stops the bacterial synthesis of dihydrofolic acid by avoiding the concentration of the pteridine with para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA). It is a substrate of the enzyme disydropteroate synthetase. The inhibited response is necessary for these bacteria for the synthesis of folic acid.
How to use Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin)?
The recommended dosage for this medication depends on your condition, age, and weight. The maximum dose should not exceed 6gm/24 hours. The initial dose must be one half of the 24 hours dose. Follow the dosing instruction of your doctor very carefully. Do not twice the dose. Take this at the same time each day.
What are the side-effects of Acetyl Sulfisoxazole (Gantrisin)?
These are the possible side-effects that may occur while you are using this medication:
- Stomach pain
- Ringing in your ears
- Swollen, black or hairy tongue
If these persist or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
These are the things that you need to be precautious with:
- This medicine should be given with caution to patients with impaired renal or hepatic function.
- This is also should be used with precaution to those with severe allergy or bronchial asthma.
- This may have serious reactions like rash, fever, sore throat, or jaundice.
- Tell to your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications.
- Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you have any allergies.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place to avoid infection.
- Do not use this anymore past the expiration date.
- Keep this away from the reach of children and pets.